Of course, the role will involve living away from your own home. This works well for many of our carers – some alternate live in care with short stays with family or friends, while others combine their work with travel.
You don’t need to have professional qualifications to join our team. We provide an extensive induction to teach you the necessary skills. We also believe in continuous learning; therefore, we provide ongoing training to complement the regular visits and ongoing communication. We want you to feel fully supported and comfortable in your role.
Being a carer takes a remarkable kind of person
There are many attributes and skills that we look for in our carers. You will need to:
- Have a positive outlook on life
- Be caring, kind, compassionate, and empathetic
- Enjoy striking up conversation with people (which will require a very good standard of English)
- Be experienced in making good home-cooked food
While many of our carers do have driving licences and own their own car, this is not essential, as we can make alternative travel arrangements so you and your client can get out and about.
We value our carers and reward their hard work
We want to attract the very best carers therefore it’s important to us that our package is one of the best in the industry.
Working for Ashridge Care home means that you will join a caring and close-knit team. You will also receive:
- One of the best rates of pay across the industry
- A monthly satisfaction bonus based on client feedback
- Pay that increases the longer you stay with us
- Holiday pay to ensure you are able to take a break
- Comprehensive and ongoing training within a nurturing community
- Ongoing support whenever you need it, on the phone or in person
- Accommodation options if you need assistance during your time away from the role
If you think you’ve got what it takes to brighten up someone’s day, we’d love to hear from you. Call us or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.