Role: Support Worker (Supported Living team)
Hourly rate: Upto £7.84
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working
- Investment in training
- Discounted gym membership
Hours: Full & part time hours available
Location: Leyland & Chorley areas
A driving license is not essential, although would be preferable
With the person at the heart of all we do, we provide a wide range of enabling support services to people with learning disabilities, and others at risk of being marginalised, which promotes their dignity, individuality, inclusion and the fulfillment of their potential.
Providing support within over 50 tenancies in Lancashire, we are currently able to offer a range of options depending on individual needs and funding pathways, which currently includes shared tenancies of between three and five people, single tenancies and apartment schemes incorporating a number of self-contained apartments with a shared staff facility.
Our supported living services are designed to assist adults and young people in Lancashire to sustain a true tenancy and maximise independence, choice and community presence via a culture of ‘enablement’, whilst remaining safe and happy with help from our Support Workers.
- To develop and sustain warm and trusting relationships with the people we support
- Providing practical support, including intimate personal care
- To support people in general housekeeping, such as cooking, domestic tasks, preparing meals, laundry and shopping
- Liaise with members of staff in order to co-ordinate assessments and support plan updates with the people you support
- Excellent communication skills & the ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Willingness to support service users with domestic tasks, such as cooking
- A flexible approach to working hours and locations
- Experience of supporting or caring for others, especially those with a learning disability, either from family, employment or voluntary work
No previous experience is necessary as we offer a full training program which can lead to recognised qualifications.
Please email your CV to email@example.com
Brothers of Charity is an equal opportunities employer. An enhanced DBS check is essential for this role.Please note – if we receive a high volume of applications then we may close this advert early.