Role: Specialist Services - Support Worker
Location: Chorley & Leyland areas
Hourly rate: Upto £7.84
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working
- Investment in training
- Discounted gym membership
A driving licence would be preferable, although not essential.
With the person at the heart of all we do, we provide a wide range of enabling support services to people with learning disabilities, and others at risk of being marginalised, which promotes their dignity, individuality, inclusion and the fulfillment of their potential.
We are recruiting passionate, enthusiastic & flexible individuals to join our Specialist Service team to support individual's whose needs cannot be met in traditional services. It responds to people who have complex health needs, requiring constant specialist intervention to enable the individual to take a full part in their chosen activities. Other individuals may experience communication difficulties, which can lead to difficult and challenging behaviours.
- Willingness to support service users with domestic and personal care tasks with dignity and respect
- To build supportive and trusting relationships with the people we support
- To support tenants to live independently, from housekeeping and cooking, to managing bills, supporting personal care and administrating medication
- Experience of working within a team as well as working independently
- Experience of supporting or caring for others, especially those with a learning disability, either from family, employment or voluntary work
- A flexible approach to working hours and locations
- Personal care may be one of the many tasks required
Brothers of Charity is equal opportunities employer. An enhanced DBS check is essential for this role.