Team Fela - Energy, Empathy and going the Extra mile!
We are looking to recruit a Team Leader to lead and manage a team of Care Assistants who support Fela.
Fela, a 23-year-old young man with a diagnosis of autism, who lacks mental capacity, has severe learning difficulties, occasional significant challenging behaviours, delayed and limited speech who communicates generally by sign language, gestures and limited verbal responses.
Team Fela exists to enable Fela to live as independent a life as possible in his own home, he requires continual support and prompting in all aspects of his daily routine from waking to sleeping. He is an active young man who enjoys physical activities, food, listening to music, playing games, arts & crafts, being read to and social events e.g. church, MAC disco, clubs.
You will, alongside his parents, to lead and manage on a day-to-day basis a 24/7 team supporting Fela.
In addition to taking your share of shifts you will have the following Key Responsibilities & Skills:
- Oversight, encouragement and guidance of Team Members ensuring a professional compliance with all aspects of Staff Manual.
- Administrative skills including; shift planning, staff leave, weekly activity and menu planning, petty cash, car log and the like, all are computer based.
- Filtering staff comments and liaising with Fela's parents, and oversee agreed outcomes.
- Ensure all regular medical appointments are booked, to report back to Fela's parents on outcomes.
- Assist Fela's parents to develop all necessary support systems for both Fela and staff.
- Coaching and training of staff to ensure skills are maintained and delivered at the highest level.
You will be:
- Approachable, affable and part of the team, yet able to maintain an appropriate managerial disposition.
- Experienced in supporting Autism, Learning Difficulties, and Challenging Behaviours.
- Enthusiastic, positive and energetic in your style.
- Fit and active.
- Car driver.