Job title: Support Worker - Specialist Housing Support Service
Requirements: Experience working with mental health/learning disability
Membership of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups Scheme (PVG)
Good communication and written skills
Valid drivers Licence (Desirable)
Are you looking for your next role in Social Care, or perhaps you're looking to advance on skills you have built while studying for a Social Care qualification?
The Social Care Community Partnership are looking to recruit Support Workers for a new and exciting opportunity within the Specialist Housing Support Service.
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- An understanding and awareness of the support needs of service users.
- Relevant experience with in support work or a similar role.
- Ability to liaise with other agencies professionally.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Duties and responsibilities for this role include:
- Gaining skills for independent living and providing support ion the relevant areas.
- Maintaining a tenancy, assisting with the ordering and delivery of provisions.
- Administration of prescribed medication according to a planned programme.
- Assist, where required, with personal care of the service user.
- Maintain records, including care records, reports on progress, equipment and property.
- Monitor and contribute to reports on, service user progress and compliance with agreed action plans.
- To participate appropriately in training and other such professional development as may be required.
As the service runs 24 hours a day, 365 days year, hours will be worked on a rota system which will include evenings, late evenings, weekends Waking Night Shifts and public holidays. On call cover is also required for which appropriate allowances are payable.
If interested in this position and looking for more information please contact Charlie Cope on: