The Speciality Doctor will be expected to work across wards and levels of security, and with both male and female patients. The unit has an active CPD programme and receives Masters level students from London. There is a regular programme of supervision with highly experienced consultants. Support and mentorship is also in place for your benefit.
Speciality Doctor Responsibilities:
- Delivering a high quality clinical service to patients.
- Working closely with the units multi-disciplinary team, including the Consultant, to ensure that patients receive a holistic and person-centric treatment programme based on the recovery model.
- Undertaking psychiatric and external assessments for clients referred to the unit to determine the appropriate level of care to be provided, under the direction and supervision of the Consultant Psychiatrist, and work with the unit multi-disciplinary team to ensure delivery of the Care Programme.
- Preparing discharge summaries, reports and other associated documentation as necessary e.g. for CPA meetings, as directed and supervised by the Consultant Psychiatrist.
- Participating in Clinical Governance activities, and account for contracted hours utilised in research, Continuing Professional Development and other non-clinical duties as necessary and in a timely manner.
- Working effectively with colleagues to ensure that clients have access to appropriate medical cover at all times, which will require participation in an on-call rota for the site.
- Supporting the GP in delivering physical health care and emergency treatment to patients in complex care.
- Supporting the Practice Nurse and GP in delivering a consistently high standard of medical care to all patients on site.
- Being responsible for inducting other specialty doctors and providing cover for them when they are on leave.
- Sharing responsibility for taking bloods with the Practice Nurse as required.
- Arranging appropriate clinical tests and investigations and taking responsibility for chasing up results and acting on them in a timely manner.
- Ensuring physical observations by ward staff are carried out in accordance with medical instructions. Reviewing physical observation findings and acting upon them in a clinically appropriate manner.
The ideal Doctor:
- Experience working in mental health
- Appropriate experience of working in secure services
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams
- GMC Registration and Licence to Practice
- Appraisal or RITA in last year
- Good standing with The Royal College of Psychiatrists for CPD
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays (at commencement of employment)
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
- Life Assurance
- Free meals while on duty
- Employee Assistance Services
- Continuous learning and development
- Childcare vouchers
- Career development
- Voluntary Benefits
We have a recommend a friend scheme where you could earn:
- £25 for the introduction of a HCA*
- £200 for the introduction of a RGN *
* Criteria must be met before the referral fee is paid. Please speak to the Branch Manager regarding this.
INTERESTED? APPLY NOW!
Please call Rhys in Milton Keynes on (Apply online only) for more information! We look forward to hearing from you.
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company