Senior Care Assistants – Winnersh, Reading, RG41 5NW
We have full-time positions available on either our day shift or night shift.
Shifts are worked on a rota basis including every other weekend. Full time Hours are:
Days – 35 hours per week - £10.50 per hour plus Benefits
Nights - 33 hours per week - £11.00 per hour plus Benefits
Our dementia care home in Winnersh is a brand new concept in dementia support. Based near Wokingham, in Berkshire, the home has been specially designed to offer the best possible care to people living with dementia.
The home has been developed to allow freedom of movement throughout as it flows from one area into another without residents reaching any dead ends. At Abbeyfield Winnersh we combine cutting edge technology with expert design to offer a safe, stimulating and comfortable dementia friendly environment.
The home has 62 en-suite bedrooms together with separate spa-bathrooms, a beauty salon, lounges, a cinema, and a shop. This is surrounded by beautiful gardens which can be enjoyed by you, your family and friends.
The gardens have been created to encourage outside living, with lots of outdoor areas for residents to sit in and look at. We understand the importance of getting a varied and healthy diet, so we will ensure all residents receive nutritious meals.
Working as a Senior Care Assistant for Abbeyfield you will ensure that services are provided that respect individual rights and choices while offering support, empathy, compassion and privacy.
The role of a Senior Care Assistant includes the following tasks:
- Supporting and caring for all residents. ensuring that their physical, social, intellectual and emotional needs are met while maintaining dignity, choice, independence and respect
- Working with the operations manager to ensure the preparation, implementation, review and update of all residents support plans.
- Dealing with medical emergencies
- Plan and implement activities for the residents
- Identify and provide effective supervision and training for care staff
- Attend appropriate training and development sessions and staff meetings
The following requirements are essential for the role of Senior Care Assistants:
- Extensive experience in a health or social care setting working with older people
- A relevant NVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with residents and others
- To be able to read, write and work with numbers to a good standard
- Good basic care planning skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure in a diverse and changing environment
- Demonstrate an empathy and understanding of the needs of older people
- Ability to carry out all aspects of the role to a high standard at all times
- Ability to effectively supervise individuals and a team
- Training or Assessment Qualification e.g. Moving and Handling
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Current Qualification for First Aid
Please contact Sheila Stevens on 0118 977 4246 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form or to apply with your CV and covering letter. Alternatively you can visit our Winnersh home to collect an application form.
This post is subject to a DBS check.