Senior Care Assistants – Winnersh
We have full-time and part time hours available on either our day shift or night shift. Shifts are worked on a rota basis including every other weekend. Full time Hours are:
Days – 35 hours per week - £10.50 per hour plus Benefits
Nights - 33 hours per week - £11.00 per hour plus Benefits
We are looking to recruit Senior Care Assistants who can demonstrate compassion and empathy in their approach to caring for older people, either through previous roles in social care or in other caring environments
The role of a Senior Care Assistant includes the following tasks:
- Supporting and caring for all residents. ensuring that their physical, social, intellectual and emotional needs are met while maintaining dignity, choice, independence and respect
- Working with the operations manager to ensure the preparation, implementation, review and update of all residents support plans.
- Dealing with medical emergencies
- Plan and implement activities for the residents
- Identify and provide effective supervision and training for care staff
- Attend appropriate training and development sessions and staff meetings
The following requirements are essential for the role of Senior Care Assistants:
- Extensive experience in a health or social care setting working with older people
- A relevant NVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with residents and others
- To be able to read, write and work with numbers to a good standard
- Good basic care planning skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure in a diverse and changing environment
- Demonstrate an empathy and understanding of the needs of older people
- Ability to carry out all aspects of the role to a high standard at all times
- Ability to effectively supervise individuals and a team
- Training or Assessment Qualification e.g. Moving and Handling
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Current Qualification for First Aid
What we’ll offer you in return
- A competitive starting salary
- Child care vouchers
- We cover the cost of your DBS Check
- Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
- Uniform provided
- Pension and Life Assurance scheme available
About Care Home
Our dementia care home in Winnersh is a brand new concept in dementia support. Based near Wokingham, in Berkshire, the home has been specially designed to offer the best possible care to people living with dementia.
The home has been developed to allow freedom of movement throughout as it flows from one area into another without residents reaching any dead ends. At Abbeyfield Winnersh we combine cutting edge technology with expert design to offer a safe, stimulating and comfortable dementia friendly environment.
The home has 62 en-suite bedrooms together with separate spa-bathrooms, a beauty salon, lounges, a cinema, and a shop. This is surrounded by beautiful gardens which can be enjoyed by you, your family and friends.
The gardens have been created to encourage outside living, with lots of outdoor areas for residents to sit in and look at. We understand the importance of getting a varied and healthy diet, so we will ensure all residents receive nutritious meals.
Who we are
We have been established since 1956 when the dream of one man, Richard Carr-Gomm, became a reality. He recognised that a lot of older people were both neglected and isolated and he dedicated the rest of his life to building our charity that has been helping thousands of people across Britain and the world.
During our 60 years’ we’ve developed Richard’s dream and our 500+ houses and homes are run by specialist staff that are determined to provide all our residents exceptional standards of help and support. We’ve developed just the right formula that allows us to flexibly provide individual levels of assistance when and where they’re needed.
We are proud of the quality of what we do, and not only are we monitored and regulated by the HCA and CQC, but we have implemented our own bespoke quality standard.
You can rest assured that, with Abbeyfield, you’re in good hands.
Please contact Sheila Stevens on 0118 977 4246 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form or to apply with your CV and covering letter. Alternatively you can visit our Winnersh home to collect an application form.
This post is subject to a DBS check.