Restaurant Supervisor – Girton Green, Cambridge
Salary - £14,040 per annum – 30 hours per week
Excellent Benefits including full use of the on-site Spa Facilities
Abbeyfield Girton Green caters for those who want to live later in life in a modern, safe, secure and lively setting. Set in the thriving, picturesque community of Girton on the outskirts of Cambridge, Abbeyfield is well connected to the local community.
The site is run by an Abbeyfield’s Operations Manager, assisted by a small team of Abbeyfield staff who ensure that the site and services run smoothly.
We are recruiting for a restaurant supervisor who is confident and outgoing with excellent communication skills. You will have excellent customer service skills and ensure that our customers are happy, their expectations are met and deal with any problems promptly and positively to ensure a satisfactory outcome should they arise.
Other duties will include staff management such as interviewing new staff members, supervise staff during meal time periods, encourage staff and monitor their performance and ensure staffing levels are correct and communicate clearly in pre-shift meetings.
This is an exciting role and the successful candidate must have the following skills and experience:
- Relevant experience of working with in a restaurant
- GSCE Math’s and English or equivalent
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding requirements.
- Demonstrable customer focus and quality service
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage conflict and sensitive situations
- Understanding of Data Protection and ability to maintain confidentiality
- People management skills and ability to motivate and lead effectively by example
- Proficient user of IT and Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher
- Diligent with attention to detail and the ability to maintain accurate information systems
- willing to be flexibly in accordance with the business need including the occasional evening andweekend
Closing date of vacancy 13th July 2018.
Due to the high number of candidates applying for his role, if you have not heard from us by 13th July your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.