SocialWork 2000 are looking for an experienced Qualified Social Worker to join a Children's Assessment Team based in Chicksands, Bedfordshire. £28ph
About the role:
In the Assessment Team, once a child is referred, the child will be allocated a qualified Social worker, who will undertake a social work assessment; this will include direct work with the child and family to inform the ongoing plan. The Assessment Team service ensures referrals are responded to in a child focussed and timely way. This will mean working in line with the Children Act 1989, and any other legislation and standards appropriate to the particular area of service delivery. On completion of the Assessment a decision is made as to the most appropriate support for the child and family. This could be through a variety of approaches including multi agency support; a referral to other agencies, CIN plan, CP plan, CLA plan or NFA.
- Undertake all statutory interventions for complex cases in a specific service area, that enable children & young people to live in family & community environments that maximise their life chances and to support other social work staff and manager in their work
- Locality based multi-agency work with vulnerable children and families in the community
- Child Protection and Children in Need
- Initiating care proceedings with court processes.
- Carry a workload requiring exemplary practice in situations of high complexity,exercising a degree of autonomy
- Work within relevant current legislation and the procedural framework of Bedford Borough Council
- To work collaboratively with service users and their families to assess their needs and plan and deliver services in accordance with the social work team's service area.
- 2 years post qualifying experience
- Qualified Social Worker BA/DipSW/CQSW or equivalent
- Current registration with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Car driver
- Pay rate: £28ph
- In-house payroll company that prides itself on paying our locums on time
- Your own dedicated consultant who will support you in finding a suitable role
- DBS application
- We offer a £200 refer a friend/colleague bonus *
Apply now or get in touch for more information; or email
(*Terms and Conditions apply. For more information please get in touch).