Greenwood Homecare is a domiciliary homecare organisation offering high quality homecare to Peterborough and the surrounding areas. We are looking for a live-in carer for an immediate start in central Peterborough on a two weeks on, two weeks off basis, or three weeks on, one week off.
The aim of 24 hour live-in care is to enable Customer’s to be able to remain in their homes with as much independence as possible, carrying out tasks in a professional, discreet and caring manner whilst respecting their dignity, privacy, property and confidentiality.
This role involves staying in the Customer’s home, providing all aspects of personal and domestic care, including:
- Assistance with all aspects of personal care, including:
- Showering and bathing
- Dressing and grooming
- Toileting and incontinence
- Assistance with all aspects of medication and the usage of aids and personal equipment such as ceiling track hoist or walking aids.
- Assistance with day-to-day tasks such as meal preparation, gardening, cleaning, and laundry.
- Providing companionship, and support in the customers mental and physical activities, such as taking them shopping or to the cinema, reading and photo albums, or talking to them over cups of tea.
Our current rota pattern is two weeks on, and two weeks off, and each day, you would have a two hour break away from the customer’s house or if preferred, for this break to be together as a complete day off.
We are looking for reliable workers with a kind and caring nature.
- At least one years’ experience as a carer
- Desirable NVQ/Diploma 2-3 Health & Social Care
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- Excellent communication, verbal and written English
- All applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS.
- Be able to live in a customer’s home offering around the clock care
What we offer:
- Salary of £450 - 550 per week dependent on experience.
- 28 holidays per year
- Mileage payments
- Paid board and lodging whilst you are in the customer’s home
- High quality training and induction, and opportunities for development
Please apply with your CV using the application form. We look forward to hearing from you.