The main responsibility of this role is to carry out Environmental analysis to ensure compliance for a Global Pharmaceutical site's Pollution Prevention Control which is monitored by SEPA (Scottish Environment Protection Agency).
Please note that this role will work on a shift pattern basis and that shifts will start as early as 6:00 so access to personal transport would be required.
The key responsibilities for this role are as follows -
• Works as part of a team and is responsible for carrying out routine analysis of recovered solvents, scrubbers, effluent, bund contents and other similar type samples using classical and instrumental techniques e.g. Titrimetry, pH, TOC, Gas Chromatography (EMPOWER), HACH Spectrophotometry, Microtox
• Provide an analytical service for the analysis of non-routine samples e.g. non-routine waste.
• Works to the guidance of current Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) in a highly regulated environment (SEPA, FDA) rigidly following defined SOP's
• Responsible for ensuring that the site tanks are tested in a timely manner ready for each discharge to ensure compliance with discharge consent limits
• Is required, on occasion, to be involved in various audit teams e.g. GMP/GLP, good housekeeping and safety audits
• Development of new analytical methods to keep ahead of changes to environmental legislation for the testing of effluent
• Analysis of swab samples from production areas for residual chemicals as part of the site occupational hygiene program
• Knowledge and experience of classical chemical methods of analysis and instrumentation techniques including gas chromatography in the Pharmaceutical or Chemical Industry
• Qualified to HND or Degree in Chemistry. Significant, demonstrable experience will also be considered
• NEBOSH Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety paired with experience of Health & Safety or Environmental Management Systems
• Exposure to standards such as HSG65, ISO14001 and/or OHSAS18001
If you are interested in applying to this role please send your CV to Graham at CY Partners, and feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. CY Partners Recruitment Ltd, trading as CY Partners is an Employment Business/Agency