Housing Co-ordinator - Burdett House, Histon, Cambridge
Salary - £19,741 per annum - 35 hrs per week
Monday to Friday with some flexibility evening and weekends
The role of Housing Co-ordinator is a fantastic role which involves working closely with the Operations Manager and Demonstrating the Abbeyfield values in all aspects of the role. You will provide person centered support which promotes independent living and enables residents to participate in the planning and delivery of the service and activities.
As the Housing Coordinator you will aim to maximise and improve the quality of life of every resident. Ensuring that everyone feels settled supported and involved in all our activities. This will include building and sustaining strong relationships with other professionals and other community groups to ensure occupancy levels are sustained. This includes that all Tenancy Management issues are dealt with promptly and efficiently and a safe, secure environment is maintained at all times.
Our staff and volunteers are paramount to creating a high quality environment for our residents so you will be responsible for motivating, managing and supporting the Operations Manager with the coordination of our Volunteers and staff.
Essential Requirements needed to fulfil the role of Housing Coordinator are as follows:
- Relevant experience of working with the elderly and/ or in a Housing related role and a commitment to improving the lives of the elderly
- GSCE Math’s and English or equivalent
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding requirements.
- Demonstrable customer focus and quality service
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage conflict and sensitive situations
- Understanding of Data Protection and ability to maintain confidentiality
- People management skills and ability to motivate and lead effectively by example
- Proficient user of IT and Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher
- Financial acumen including the ability to reconcile tenancy finance and manage thehousekeeping budget allocation
- Diligent with attention to detail and the ability to maintain accurate management information systems
- willing to travel and work flexibly in accordance with the business need including weekends
For more information, please apply online
Closing date of vacancy 13th July 2018.
Due to the high number of candidates applying for his role, if you have not heard from us by 13th July your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.