Head of Care – New Malden
40 hours per week - £12.69 per hour plus Benefits
Working as a Head of Care for Abbeyfield you will ensure that services are provided that respect individual rights and choices while offering support, empathy, compassion and privacy. Support and work closely with families and friends offering them professional and emotional support, sensitive to individual need.
Assist in contributing to the initial assessment of prospective residents. To administer prescribed medication to residents and assist in the management of an effective system for the safe control and administration of medication in accordance with policy and procedures.
Assess staff training needs and organise appropriate training in liaison with appropriate responsible person. Monitor care staff performance, report any issue to the Deputy / Manager and provide annual appraisals in line with
The role of Head of Care Assistant the following tasks:
- Understand and observe all relevant regulations and Abbeyfield policies and procedures.
- To assist the Home Manager to ensure all aspects of health and safety for staff, residents and visitors are properly managed and that all regulatory requirements are met.
- Be familiar with the administrative records of the Home and ensure that all records are kept up to date.
- To follow appropriate procedures in the event of accidents/ emergencies e.g. fire, missing residents.
- Ensure that the Home is secure at all times whilst on duty.
- Ensure appropriate and agreed staffing levels are maintained in liaison with the deputy/manager.
- To report and advise the relevant persons with respect to the repairs and maintenance of the home.
The following requirements are essential for the Head of Care:
- Extensive experience in a health or social care setting working with older people
- A relevant NVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with residents and others
- To be able to read, write and work with numbers to a good standard
- Good basic care planning skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure in a diverse and changing environment
- Demonstrate an empathy and understanding of the needs of older people
- Ability to carry out all aspects of the role to a high standard at all times
- Ability to effectively supervise individuals and a team
The following requirements are desirable for the role of Head of Care:
- Training or Assessment Qualification e.g. Moving and Handling
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Current Qualification for First Aid
- Access to own car and full driving licence or willingness to travel.
New Malden accommodates 36 residents in 36 single en suite rooms. It is purpose built and has a Garden. Facilities are available for family or friends to stay overnight. You can bring your own furniture, making it a home from home. The on site home manager ensures that the house is warm, comfortable and safe and that the daily meals provided are varied, nutritious and enjoyable.
We will support residents in making their own decisions about how they want to live their life. We recognise the importance of maintaining relationships with family and friends and we support residents in pursuing hobbies and interests by offering a variety of activities from in house entertainment to regular outings.
We understand each person’s needs differ so at an Abbeyfield Dementia Care Home our staff offer a personalised approach to care giving, with security, independence and happiness at the heart of what they do.
Please contact Ranjit Karavadra on 0208 949 0022 or via email at email@example.com for an application form or to apply with your CV and covering letter. Alternatively you can visit our New Malden home to collect an application form.
This post is subject to a DBS check.