Please note: We can only consider EU/UK citizens or others with a valid visa to work in the UK
My client is pioneer in the development of novel and innovative technologies aimed at revolutionising the field of epigenetics research. Their aim is to unlock the potential epigenetics has as an indicator and influencer of disease.
Due to an increase in funding they now are now looking for a data scientist with a background in genomics, epigenetics, bioinformatics. In this role, you will be working in a dynamic and fast paced business, with exciting opportunities to make an impact on human health and wellbeing as the company expands into the clinical market.
· To develop novel computational strategies and tools to interrogate and deliver meaning from epigenetic datasets.
· To develop bioinformatic pipelines and tools
· Investigating new computational methodologies and technologies
· Interacting with lab scientists and customers to reach analysis goals
· Masters, PhD, Postdoctoral work, or/and equivalent industry experience
· A Minimum of three years' experience in the application of Data Science within a commercial environment
· Experience in the application of Computational/ Statistical/Bioinformatics methods in genomic/epigenomics, including, Whole Genome Bisulfite Sequencing, Reduced Representation Bisulfite Sequencing and other NGS Technologies, and data generated from array based assays
· Programming maturity with an interest in programming practice in the Unix environment
· Competence in at least two of Julia, Scientific Python, R , Perl and a willingness to learn others as required
· Commercially aware, collaborative with experience working with customers and key stakeholders
· Experience applying bioinformatics in a clinical setting or developing clinical bioinformatics applications/systems
· Experience in DNA and RNA methylation
· Experience in cloud computing
· Understanding of algorithms and data structures
· Experience with large biological datasets, data processing strategies and data technologies
· Interest in data visualisation and experience with D3 or other visualisation libraries
· Familiarity with C/C++, Java
MAC Scientific is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company.
So, do our clients. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For further information call MAC Scientific on (Apply online only)