Care Assistants – Winnersh, Reading, RG41 5NW
We have full-time and part time hours available on either our day shift or night shift.
Shifts are worked on a rota basis including every other weekend. Full time Hours are:
Days – 35 hours per week - 9.00 per hour plus Benefits
Nights - 33 hours per week - £9.50 per hour plus Benefits
Our dementia care home in Winnersh is a brand new concept in dementia support. Based near Wokingham, in Berkshire, the home has been specially designed to offer the best possible care to people living with dementia.
The home has been developed to allow freedom of movement throughout as it flows from one area into another without residents reaching any dead ends. At Abbeyfield Winnersh we combine cutting edge technology with expert design to offer a safe, stimulating and comfortable dementia friendly environment.
The home has 62 en-suite bedrooms together with separate spa-bathrooms, a beauty salon, lounges, a cinema, and a shop. This is surrounded by beautiful gardens which can be enjoyed by you, your family and friends.
The gardens have been created to encourage outside living, with lots of outdoor areas for residents to sit in and look at. We understand the importance of getting a varied and healthy diet, so we will ensure all residents receive nutritious meals.
We are looking to recruit Care Assistants who can demonstrate compassion and empathy in their approach to caring for older people, either through previous roles in social care or in other caring environments.
Can you show us how you would treat our residents, and demonstrate to us how you could offer the dignity and respect they have a right to expect?
The role of a Care Assistant includes the following tasks:
- Supporting and caring for all residents ensuring that their physical, social, intellectual and emotional needs are met while maintaining dignity, choice, independence and respect.
- To help serve meals and assist residents with eating as required.
- Assist as required with social functions at the home.
- To assist with administration of residents care plans.
- To help residents with mobility problems and other physical disabilities including incontinence and in the use and care of aids and personal equipment.
- Support and work closely with families and friends offering professional and emotional support sensitively.
- To be flexible with regards to working hours and attend training and development sessions as required.
The following requirements are essential for the role of Care Assistants:
- An understanding of dementia
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people
- To be able to read, write and work with numbers to a good standard;
- Ability to understand and carryout instructions and tasks as required by the job role;
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Demonstrate an empathy and understanding of the needs of older people
- Ability to carry out all aspects of the role to a high standard at all times
The following requirements are desirable for the role of Care Assistants:
- Experience in a similar role within the care, health or social care setting
- A relevant NVQ Level 2 qualification or equivalent, however if not training will be provided as a requirement of the job role.
- Working in services for older people
- Evidence of continuing training and development.
Please contact Sheila Stevens on 0118 977 4246 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
for an application form or to apply with your CV and covering letter. Alternatively you can visit our Winnersh home to collect an application form
This post is subject to a DBS check