Night Care Assistants – Cunningham House, Essex - £8.45 per hour
Full time Hours – 35 hours per week - Week 1= 4 x Shifts and Week 2 = 3 x Shifts
We are looking to recruit Care Assistants who can demonstrate compassion and empathy in their approach to caring for older people, either through previous roles in social care or in other roles.
Ideally, some experience in a similar role within the care, health or social care setting, although this is not as essential as your genuine desire to develop a career in this field.
A relevant NVQ Level 2 qualification or equivalent, however if not training will be provided as a requirement of the job role
Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a dedicated team. A compassionate, can-do person with experience supporting older people. To you, it’s more than just a job. It’s a role where you happily go the extra mile to make a difference to the lives of older people. A belief in giving your personal best at all times
The role of a Care Assistant includes the following tasks:
- Supporting and caring for all residents. Ensuring that their physical, social, intellectual and emotional needs are met while maintaining dignity, choice, independence and respect.
- To help serve meals and assist residents with eating as required.
- Assist as required with social functions at the home.
- To assist with administration of residents care plans.
- To help residents with mobility problems and other physical disabilities including incontinence and in the use and care of aids and personal equipment.
- Support and work closely with families and friends offering professional and emotional support sensitively.
- To be flexible with regards to working hours and attend training and development sessions as required.
The following requirements are essential for the role of Care Assistants:
- Experience working in the care industry, and an understanding of dementia
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people
- To be able to read, write and work with numbers to a good standard
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- NVQ Level 2 qualification or equivalent
- Demonstrate an empathy and understanding of the needs of older people
- Ability to carry out all aspects of the role to a high standard at all times
The following requirements are desirable for the role of a Care Assistant:
- Experience in a similar role within a health or social care setting
- Working in services for older people
- Evidence of continuing training and development
What we’ll offer you in return
- A competitive starting salary
- Child care vouchers
- We cover the cost of your DBS Check
- Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
- Uniform provided
- Pension and Life Assurance scheme available
About the House
Cunningham House is located in a village in North Weald Bassett, Essex. We are based just on the outskirts of Epping Forest. Our nearest City is Chelmsford. The house has 54 bedrooms, 33 of which are en-suite.
When residents choose Cunningham House, Paul and his team of highly trained and motivated staff believe that they are choosing a lifestyle. This starts with them choosing how they wish to be cared for and supported, and choosing the activities they wish to be involved in. Whether it be enjoying peace and quiet in one of our libraries, choosing to take part in one of our exercise classes with our Personal Trainer, or taking part in one of the many outings that are arranged away from the house.
We recognise the importance of maintaining relationships with family and friends and we support residents in pursuing hobbies and interests by offering a variety of activities from in house entertainment to regular outings.
Who we are
Abbeyfield are a not for profit organisation and we are proud to have celebrated our 60th Year of making time for older people. We have been established since 1956 when the dream of one man, Richard Carr-Gomm, became a reality. He recognised that a lot of older people were both neglected and isolated and he dedicated the rest of his life to building our charity that has been helping thousands of people across Britain and the world.
During our 60 years’ we’ve developed Richard’s dream and our 500+ houses and homes are run by specialist staff that are determined to provide all our residents exceptional standards of help and support. We’ve developed just the right formula that allows us to flexibly provide individual levels of assistance when and where they’re needed.
We are proud of the quality of what we do, and not only are we monitored and regulated by the HCA and CQC, but we have implemented our own bespoke quality standard.
You can rest assured that, with Abbeyfield, you’re in good hands.
This post is subject to a DBS check.
Please contact Paul Buckle, Care Home Manager on 01992 524160 for further information or apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org