Activities Co-ordinator -Winnersh
We have full-time and part time hours available
From £8.00 per hour plus Benefits
We are looking to recruit Activities Coordinators who can demonstrate compassion and empathy in their approach to caring for older people, either through previous roles in social care or in other caring environments.
The following requirements are essential for the role of an Activities Coordinator:
- Develop positive and supportive relationships with residents, their relatives, friends and sponsors, health care professionals and regulators
- Work in partnership with residents and others involved in their lives to develop appropriate individual activity programmes for each resident
- Ensure that all programmes continually meet the needs of each individual resident, reviewing and amending when necessary to meet changing needs
- Motivate, support and supervise other members of the staff team to enable them to contribute to planned activities
- Work in partnership with volunteers in activities, ensuring individual skills and expertise are effectively utilised
- Ensure that Abbeyfield policies and procedures are followed at all times
- Uphold the Abbeyfield ethos and represent the company in a positive and professional manner
What we’ll offer you in return:
- A competitive starting salary
- Child care vouchers
- We cover the cost of your DBS Check
- Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
- Uniform provided
- Pension and Life Assurance scheme available
About Care Home
Our dementia care home in Winnersh is a brand new concept in dementia support. Based near Wokingham, in Berkshire, the home has been specially designed to offer the best possible care to people living with dementia.
The home has been developed to allow freedom of movement throughout as it flows from one area into another without residents reaching any dead ends. At Abbeyfield Winnersh we combine cutting edge technology with expert design to offer a safe, stimulating and comfortable dementia friendly environment.
The home has 62 en-suite bedrooms together with separate spa-bathrooms, a beauty salon, lounges, a cinema, and a shop. This is surrounded by beautiful gardens which can be enjoyed by you, your family and friends.
The gardens have been created to encourage outside living, with lots of outdoor areas for residents to sit in and look at. We understand the importance of getting a varied and healthy diet, so we will ensure all residents receive nutritious meals.
Who we are
We have been established since 1956 when the dream of one man, Richard Carr-Gomm, became a reality. He recognised that a lot of older people were both neglected and isolated and he dedicated the rest of his life to building our charity that has been helping thousands of people across Britain and the world.
During our 60 years’ we’ve developed Richard’s dream and our 500+ houses and homes are run by specialist staff that are determined to provide all our residents exceptional standards of help and support. We’ve developed just the right formula that allows us to flexibly provide individual levels of assistance when and where they’re needed.
We are proud of the quality of what we do, and not only are we monitored and regulated by the HCA and CQC, but we have implemented our own bespoke quality standard.
You can rest assured that, with Abbeyfield, you’re in good hands.
Please contact Sheila Stevens on 0118 977 4246 or via email at email@example.com for an application form or to apply with your CV and covering letter. Alternatively you can visit our Winnersh home to collect an application form.