Activities Co-ordinator, The Elders
£9.10 per hour – part time 15 hours available including working weekends.
Working as an Activities Co-ordinator for Abbeyfield you will take responsibility for arranging activities within the home, encourage residents to continue to participate in activities they enjoy, coordinate activities for residents and network within the local community.
The following requirements are essential for the role of Activities Co-ordinator:
- Develop positive and supportive relationships with residents, their relatives, friends and sponsors, health care professionals and regulators
- Work in partnership with residents and others involved in their lives to develop appropriate individual activity programmes for each resident
- Ensure that all programmes continually meet the needs of each individual resident, reviewing and amending when necessary to meet changing needs
- Motivate, support and supervise other members of the staff team to enable them to contribute to planned activities
- Work in partnership with volunteers in activities, ensuring individual skills and expertise are effectively utilised
- Ensure that Abbeyfield policies and procedures are followed at all times
- Uphold the Abbeyfield ethos and represent the company in a positive and professional manner
About Care Home
The Elders Care Home is set at the top of Ewell Village near all local amenities.
Our large Victorian House is well maintained, it is spacious and has character. In the mid 1900’s the house was a maternity hospital for the local community, one room was the hospital chapel.
There is an extension to the Home leading from the dining room and hall which houses a lovely large living room and conservatory, leading out onto a pleasant sunny patio area and large garden lawn. The Home is able to accommodate 23 residents all in single occupancy rooms; we have 11 bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms and 12 bedrooms near bathroom facilities. We have four assisted bathrooms and one assisted shower room.
A good variety of seasonal meals are available for residents to choose from, we cater for individual needs. Residents assist in the formulation of seasonal menus. Home made cakes are baked daily, and during the warmer seasons we regularly enjoy lunch or afternoon barbecues.
You can rest assured that, with Abbeyfield, you’re in good hands.
For an extensive job description please click here.
This post is subject to a DBS check.
For further information, please contact Reqia Shah, Business Support Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org 07391016339